Saturday, April 7, 2007

Behold the lilies of the field

"Behold the lilies of the field they toil not nor do they spin but even Solomon was never dressed like them.."

Since childhood I've often heard this quote and often wondered what Christ was talking about. Was he telling us not to work? It wasn't until I started to study yoga that I understood how profound this statement is. In this western world we judge others as well as our own life by external reality. What we do for a living, where we live, what kind of car we drive, now we look, our age, some women in this town even judge me by what purse I have and what shoes I wear. All this really doesn't reveal who I truly am, that perfect soul, that spark of the divine, that element of being that joins me with the divine as well as all living beings. To truly stop those judgemental voices, of others as well as myself is a constant task I practice each day. To love others as well as myself each day. The word "namaste" is Sanskrit for the divine in me see and bows to the divine in you.
If this is ever read by another or just me musing to myself I bow down and say "Namaste".

No comments: