Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No time for art...


"The way we miss our lives is life!" Randell Jarrell

The Prednisone the doctor prescribed me for my lung infection has given me back my energy but still they haven't invented the drug that can bring you back extra time!  I've been doing a lot of watercolor sketches of painting I would like to do, but where, oh where , can I find the time to do paintings, when the everyday chores of life get in my way?
I need to go through my piles of paper work for my Income Taxes and there is that dark shadow of a medical bill that hangs over my head like the proverbial Sword of Damocles. If you live in a country that has Government Health-Care, count your blessings!
I have private Health Insurance but still I'm stuck with paying a $3,000.00 deductible! I worked it out with the hospital, so  I can pay this bill  back in monthly payments without Interest but still $3,000.00 is a lot to pay back. When I saw my hospital bill, I almost needed to go back to the hospital for a heart attack! I could have gone to my dream trip to Paris on that three grand!
Life can get in the way of following your dreams. I know a lot of talented friends, actors, actresses, artists, who have put their dreams on hold, or even have completely given up on their dream, so they can handle life.  You know that stuff, like providing a roof over your head and buying food.  I live in Los Angles, so talented people are a dime a dozen; actually, even less than that, a penny a dozen!
When following that dream of art, it's more about luck than talent! It's about who you know, or who your parents are, or just being in the right place at the right time!
I'm not waiting to be discovered, I just want to find the time to paint!

1 comment:

Z said...

With all its faults, our NHS is wonderful and I do appreciate it.