Monday, June 16, 2008

Belated Father's Day Greetings!

Well, I hope all you big daddys out there had a great Father's Day.

Yesterday after shopping at the Larchmont Farmer's Market in West Hollywood, I stopped by one of my favorite Sport's Bar for a quick cool cocktail and while there I saw a fellow bar fly who I know is a family man.

"Hey Spin;" I asked "What are you doing here on Father's Day, isn't you family doing anything for you today?."

He told me he had to get away for some quiet and to watch the "American Open". He said this brothers and brother in laws were over his place and brought their children. The total number of children running around his home were eight and they were all using his wide screen TV to play video games! So much for happy father's day for him.

Then this other guy remarked ;"Father's Day isn't the same as Mother's Day!".
Then most guys said that Father's Day met dad cooking dinner for everyone on his barbecue.
Well, I hope you dads had a great day anyway.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Z said...

Yes, that's what my husband would have been doing if it hadn't rained. So I grilled the steaks instead.

And guess who cooked Sunday lunch on Mother's Day?

EmilyLady said...

Mark Patinkin, a writer for the Providence Journal, complained in his column that fathers were encouraged to work on Fathers Day, unlike mothers on Mothers Day.

~Emily

none said...

I was given the day off for fathers day but life took over and I had to do stuff. No big deal though.