Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Grave situation


Sometimes after my afternoon yoga class I'll stop by Rose Hills Cemetery to feed the ducks, clear my head and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the grounds. I have to drive by Rose Hill each day in order to hop on the freeway towards my studio. They have something for every faith. This is their Buddhist temple / crypt there is always a monk or a nun around to help you. I love sitting on top of the hill to meditate and clear my head. So much of my life seems to have me running around like Alice in Wonderland and I do need to take some time just to stop and take a mental break.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

none said...

Looks nice!

We have several buddist temples around here, sometimes in the weirdest places. My dad goes once in a while.

Dan said...

Wow! You are so lucky to live so near something so beautiful. I meditate my hiking through the forests and mountains in my area. I love being in nature. It's where I can more readily see myself ... like looking into a mirror.

Greggo said...

there's a forest lawn near where i used to live in california, where i always used to go to relax, take pictures, and marvel at the view overlooking los angeles.

minijonb said...

it's always nice to have a place like that to just go and chill. when i was a kid in cali, i would do that at the Japanese gardens at the Huntington Library. no gardens or temples in my hood now. i may need to fix that.

Yoga Gal said...

Thanks Dudes for your comments, always to read about your adventures in your hood as well. Namaste Boyz!

Paper Fan Club said...

How could you not help but stop and do some deep breathing exercises at such a lovely, tranquil spot? Such places are scattered around us for a reason...

Mandy said...

Thanks for the signs you sent - I've done a collage of my favourites.

Anonymous said...

The photograph is wonderful. I too like to go to cemeteries and just sit in the peace and quiet. One of the best cemeteries I have ever been to is the old cemetery in Solna, Sweden. All sorts of famous folks buried there: Alfred Nobel, August Strindberg, Olympic medallists, politicians, and some famous actors and actresses. A great place to sit and meditate.