Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Gaiman sighting

Throughout the Comic Con I often saw the great writer Neil Gaiman zoom by like the Flash but I never met him face to face. I had a chance when I became a memeber to C.B.L.D.F. they gave me a signing ticket that assured me an encounter with the great man. But I gave it to a much younger female fan. She and her two man child friends were sitting behind me at the "Spotlight on Neil Gaiman". She was so excited , calling Neil her boyfriend! Which was odd for one of the very cute blond man child was her boyfriend. All three were ardent fans , so after the siginging I gave them my ticket knowing all three would manage to meet him and it would mean so much to them! After all I'm not that special and what could I say to the great man that he hasn't heard a million and one times before,"I love your work, "American Gods" (a great book!) is my favorite! blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...".

While sitting at the hotel bar, resting my blisters, sipping a beer and painting I heard these guys at the table next to me shout out ;"NEIL!" I looked up and the handsome writer was standing right in front of me! I shouldn't have but took out my camera and took this shot.

This was the only time I saw the great man act like a diva. After talking with these men he snapped his fingers to his entourage, who had just settled down and watch them dash after him as he flashed away like summer lightning.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: