Monday, April 23, 2007

If ever so humble

It's so wonderful being home and being able to sleep in my own bed among my books, art work and pets. Being in the hospital was beyound surreal! I was told due to the anaesthia I should be ambulatory so I walked up and down the long hall ways of the hospital. While walking around I smelled cheese burgers and then heard a woman bark at her children for being the wrong McDonald's value meal. Now this is just a guess, but if you're in the hospital isn't it best to reframed from eating fast food?

It's also always so nosiy. And I had my own room and even with the door closed I hear the sounds of TV's, chatters, machines and people walking up and down the halls. One afternoon these alarms went off. What's that I asked the nurse for all our doors automatically shut. Oh, that's just a fire alarm. "Fire alarm? Should I being moving out of this bed?" I asked. "No, " stated the nurse, "Just stay in your room!"
Oh really: I'm just to sit here like a sitting duck waiting to be engulfed in flames? Then I figured it was a Code Blue and they don't want people getting in the way of the crews rushing to the aide the person in need. Still, they could tell you the truth!

Well, it's great to be home!

No comments: